Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just a reminder

So I just recieved a little letter in the mail a few days ago from the directors at Camp listing all the amazing things God is doing there - even miraculous things which not being up there it is hard to believe happened. And I heard that someone I know who hasn't been to camp in a while is going back up again, someone I know camp will be blessed to have and it struck me again - that is God's place. He is taking care of it, and he knows every soul that will be there every week and He will make that place run. I often feel guilty for not being able to give and do and pour myself out for all that happens there. But it is a great reminder to me that - *I* am not needed there. Tailor once told me that leaving camp should be as smooth as pulling one's hand out of a bucket of water. The water that is left fills the space so perfectly that a hole is never noticed. If it is not this way, we are too important to camp and not letting God be in charge. If I find myself up there again, it will be because God wants to share with me what He is doing, and let me have the blessing of seeing His work. Camp doesn't need me. It's a freeing though. But I still miss it like crazy. I guess, while camp has filled the hole that I left, nothing has quite filled the hole that the absense of that place and that work has left in me. What can I say? Camp gets into ones blood....

No comments: